Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Design Your Life - Asymmetry

Ah, yes, asymmetry. This is JoLynn's gig. While I am not ga-ga in love with this page, I am ga-ga in love with the concepts behind it.

Asymmetry involves intentionally not having one side of the layout the same as the other. I always knew there was something good to being a little off, you know?

Anyway, I knew I wanted to do a baby photo page with both of my boys on it. It was a touch one, as the photos I chose didn't exactly fit all of Cathy's measurements for this sketch. However, I still think it's adorable. When I saw her template, with the "you" panel for the journaling, I could not get the Aerosmith song, "Angel," out of my head. I mean, it's how I honestly feel about my children. "You're the reason I live, You're the reason I die, You're the reason I give, When I break down and cry, Don't need no reason why, Baby, baby, baby, You're my angel..." I have been missing their "babyhood" lately.

I kept embellishments simple. The gray, blue combo reminds me of the colors we used to paint Ignatius' nursery 12 years ago. We had a Thomas the Tank Engine theme.

The Thickers ticked me off a bit. Very gummy adhesive that failed to stick very well.

Anyway, it is 12:30 AM, I am tired, but I had to get this layout out of my head. More to come, I hope, tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Aww, these scrapbook layouts of yours are making me all sappy! :)