Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Design Your Life - 8.5" x 11" Symmetry

Here's the next installment for my Design Your Life class. We are still working on symmetry, but this one is a double-page spread using 8.5 x 11" paper rather than 12 x 12" paper. I also attempted to "stitch" this image by scanning both sheets and combining them on a canvas in Photoshop. Yeah, so here's my {stupid} question for Photoshoppers... Why does it say the image size is, say, 8.5 x 11, but when you actually try to mess with it on a canvas, it's truly ginormous? Obviously, I missed something about file size vs. actual size in my class. I have to make it say 3 inches by whatever before I get a manageable image size. If you know how to counsel me on this topic, feel free to comment!

My hubby thought I was a nutcase while I was taking these photos. We were asked to work with something we liked (or in my case, an obsession). Here you go... sugar. The nectar of the gods. I have used it for so many things... comfort, energy, compulsion... I thought it was time that it had its own page. I was humming the Candyman song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as I was making the page, so I decided to script as much of the song as I could as a border for the layout. I think it looks cute. Then I used my SU! sweet stamp from So Very as my page title.

Despite the fact that I couldn't line the pages up completely, the scanned image didn't turn out too badly, either.

No comments: