Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Time to Be Happy

When I saw this sentiment, I knew I had to have the Garden Whimsy set. It speaks volumes without saying much at all. It is imperative, and 100% true.

This card fulfills SCS Inspiration Challenge 135. We were asked to be inspired by Mackintosh Enamels. I looked simply at the patterns, and I kept coming up with the same technique... bleaching. So, I went to work.

I decided to try bleaching on some patterned paper (Basic Grey Archaic), but it did not work. I still ended up using the sheet as my mat. I stamped on a piece of Wild Wasabi, using bleach as my ink. I used the butterfly from SU!'s Garden Whimsy, then used the flowers from SU!'s Best Kind of Friend. I will be honest and say that I needed the Stamp-a-Majig for the sentiment, as I wanted it to resemble the butterfly's path. I used Basic Black ink at first on a sample... too harsh! Then I used Garden Green. Perfect, I think.

The design was begging for a third part to complete its balance (I had the butterfly and the flowers). So, after fidgeting with some ribbon that just would not stop taking over as the focal point, I used three green Cloud Nine Dew Drops. There you have it. Fairly simple and most definitely inspired.

Size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
Ink: Bleach and SU! Garden Green
Stamps: SU! Garden Whimsy and SU! best Kind of Friend
Embellishments: Cloud Nine Dew Drops
Paper: Basic Grey Archaic, Papertrey white, and SU! Wild Wasabi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dew drops are perfect ... gorgeous bleached effect.