Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Challenge after challenge

For today's sketch challenge, I used a few techniques. First, I used this week's technique challenge, chalk pouncing, for the flowers and the stems. I also used an older technique called a Joy Fold card. Thus starts my "Ode to Technique Tuesdays." {prose, not verse}

Karen, my dealer, I mean, supplier, I mean, DEMONSTRATOR, used to host "Technique Tuesdays" (before we knew of the company). These stamp camp Tuesdays involved learning a new technique. I loved them, as I appreciated that she would look this information up, and I never seemed to make the time back then. She gave us each a cute metal ring. Each Technique Tuesday, we would get a new card to put on our ring. Sometimes, we would even glue a sample of what we did to the card. Typically, a photo was on the card.

What does this have to do with the Joy Fold card, you ask? Well, that was one of the Technique Tuesday techniques. I still had the sample, but had little idea of what the card was called. Then, suddenly, I found my ring of techniques. I was thrilled to find the name and the recipe. So Karen, if you are reading this, I still have mine, and I was very grateful for it tonight. AND I miss Technique Tuesdays!

OK, back to today's card. When I saw the sketch, I could not get the Joy Fold card (Beate's tutorial linked) out of my head. I kept arguing with myself that it didn't really fit the sketch. But, now that I can stand back and take a good look, I really think it does (rotate the sketch for a vertical orientation)!
I needed an anniversary card for my brother and sister-in-law's 30th wedding anniversary. I wanted to use Blue Bayou, but wasn't really sure what else I wanted to use. I tinkered with some SEI linen paper, but just couldn't get it rockin' with this card. I finally looked back at the color challenges list and decided upon Wild Wasabi and Barely Banana as the coordinating colors (CC148). I also decided that, since my SIL recently started obsessing with potted plants, I would use my new SU! Best Kind of Friend set. Gotta love that set.
After that, I got pretty crazy with my paper distressor, and I think the rest is obvious (at least from my pics and the tutorial link). Feel free to click on any photo for a larger image.
Size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches
Paper: SU! Blue Bayou, Barely Banana, and Wild Wasabi
Ink: Versa Mark marker, Stampin' Up pastels in Garden Green and Not Quite Navy, SU! Blue Bayou
Stamps: SU! Best Kind of Friend and Blooming with Happiness
Sheer white ribbon, cotton balls

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

Very pretty. I love the blues.