Thursday, July 3, 2008

Belated... yet again

Well, here we have another birthday on the second of the month. And again, I am cursed by the turning of the calendar. Sadly, one of my sons was born on the third of March, so I hope I am better with him than I have been with other relatives.

This card is for my nephew. I needed to keep it a bit manly.

This was a fun and easy card, and I like the results. It fulfills today's SCS challenge: She Scores! This challenge asked us to use scoring in our card. No one has to ask me twice to use my Scor-Pal. What follows is my process.

I had some Cranberry Crisp cardstock laying around from the color challenge, cut for a 4.25 x 5.5 inch card. I also had some SEI linen paper that I had cut up for the color challenge, but ended up not using. I thought, "Hmm... will linen paper score well?" Answer: If you want an extremely subtle texture-atop-texture feel, it was fine... like buttah.
From there, I used my Cuttlebug for the vanilla paper embossing. Putting these two together looked great, especially on a dark base.
I just got the SU! Enjoy Every Moment set, and I was itching to use it. Since my circle sentiments were not quite right for the card, I ended up using the center of SU!'s Riveting (Enjoy Your Day), very carefully coloring in Close to Cocoa, as there was another circle that would have been a wee too big. Thank goodness for the Stamp-a-majig. To add some balance, I added the half ellipse and a square copper brad at the top. I decided this was enough... I didn't want to lose the textures beneath a lot of "stuff."
Now I am off to make some goodies for a friend. She is hosting a bridal shower for her daughter, and I am all over the crafty part of it. Big shocker, right?

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

Wow, the scoring on that linen paper is awesome. Fantastic card. Joan