Monday, June 9, 2008

PMSabella

Now, what Bella stamp has my name written all over it? You got it... PMSabella. I knew I had to have it, but, frankly, I have been using Cosmobella more than this one. It was time.

I decided to try (with some trepidation) a "surprise pop-up" technique. The link is to its tutorial. This is for TLC172.

"Somewhere in the middle, it gets awful queer to me." -Big Bird, ABC-DEF-GHI {if this reference is lost on you, see the embedded video at the end of this post}

I was OK when I had to cut, but the scoring measurements (somewhere in the middle) just did not work out. So, I eyeballed a lot of that. It could have been me, since craft measurements seem to give me a hard time. But, most times, I was never ending up where the tutorial said I should be.

I think it turned out pretty cute. I'm not complaining. One photo is of the closed card. The other shows it open with its sentiment:"Life is uncertain... Eat dessert first." You might remember that sentiment from a previous card.


Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: Yuletide by Tinkering Ink, SU! Baroque Burgundy and Ultrasmooth Vanilla
Ink: SU! Basic Black, (markers:) Barely Banana, Going Gray, Brocade Blue, Baroque Burgundy, Always Artichoke, Rose Romance, Creamy Caramel, Brilliant Blue, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Green Galore, Bliss Blue, and SU! Watercolor Pencil (Barely Banana)
Stamps: PMSabella (Stamping Bella), Dessert First (Stampendous!)

Hemp ribbon: SEI





Early Big Bird (1969)




No comments: