Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Birthday Double Challenge

Today, I decided to combine SCS Sketch Challenge 181 (shown) and Color Challenge 171 (Soft Sky, Basic Black, and Kraft). I created this birthday card for my OLDER brother whom I believe is turning 50 next week (hey, I have 7 siblings, don't judge me on the "I believe" part). The color challenge reminded me that, despite wanting to purchase Kraft cardstock, I keep forgetting when I order (hey Karen, are you reading this?). So, I sorted through my punchouts to find SU! Boxes & Tags Pockets & Pieces, Assortment 1. That had plenty o' Kraft embellishments. The one I used around the "Birthday wishes" sentiment was actually more of a "plate," but I screwed up one of the holes trying to put ribbon through it. No problem, I just cut off the sides and used my corner rounder. I kind of like the effect. The sketch was straightforward enough that I could really toy with how I handled the balance in the card. I made my "balance triangle" with the main sentiment, the tag with a mini-sentiment, and the three Build-a-Brads. I like the way it turned out. Manly, yet with a ribbon. :)

Size: 51/2 x 6 3/4 inches
Stamps: SU! Sincere Salutations and Lots of Thoughts
Paper: SU! Basic Black, Ultrasmooth White, Soft Sky, and Kraft, The Paper Studio Cute Blue Ovals
Ribbon: Offray wide black grosgrain
Brads: Spare Parts and SU! Build-a-Brads
Ink: SU! Basic Black

No comments: