Branching out beyond Splitcoast challenges, I happened upon a card by SmilynStef that caught my eye. In reading her description, she mentioned this site, 2 sketches 4 you, which presented sketches to people. So, I thought I would give Kazan's second sketch a try (posted). The first thing I thought of was the Bazzill scallop template that I had for stitching. I figured it would give me a nice, consitent scallop. It did take a while to stitch, but I like the results. Cutting the paper around the scallop, however, was a bit more challenging. Doesn't look too bad in the pic, though.
Since my corners did not meet (darn it), I decided to place some medallions there. These are the larger version on what I stamped within the scallops (SU! Big and Little Pieces). I have a recent affinity for textured paper, so I went with this base paper from The Paper Company. Because it's not cardstock, and because I didn't really want the back of my stitching out for all to see, I mounted the piece on a piece of SU! Bravo Burgundy (also the ink used for stamping).
The flowers were white ones from the SU! Pretties set that I colored with marker/dye ink. The Sahara Sand flower came out way more green than I anticipated.
I have no "Happy Anniversary" stamps, alas. So, I thought I would go with the initials and some of my own script. I think it is HYSTERICAL that the initials spell "ha" as well. I hope that my recipients can tell I am not laughing at their wedded bliss. For the brackets and initials, I used felt Thickers.
Now, to mail this in time for their anniversary. I seem to have issues with that lately.