Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ric Rac Paddy Whack...

I dislike ric rac, so imagine my sursrise when I actually found an old SEI sticker sheet (Backstitch Blue Elements) with a smidge of ric rac on it to use for today's Ways to Use It challenge. The stuff just perplexes me as to its purpose (I guess just decorative?).

Little did I know it has origins in the crochet world. See when I am puzzled, I research. It makes me think, "There's got to be more to this than I am seeing." So, if you are interested, here's a quick read.

I still do not prefer ric rac, but maybe looking through the gallery for this challenge will change my mind.
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana, and Chocolate Chip
Brads: Spare Parts
Letters: Heidi Grade self-adhesive chipboard letters - Wild Daisy Rd.
Embossing: Scor-Pal
Ric Rac: SEI Backstitch Blue Elements sticker

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well, your card is very hip & cute for not likin' rick rack!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Like your card and the link to info on rick rack was interesting. tfs

I get your blog in my inbox-great blog!

Bev J. (Maxell on SCS)