Monday, June 16, 2008

Birthday CASE-ing

This week's Featured Stamper, DeniDill (aka Denise), has a gallery that has served me well for birthday cards. I CASEd one of her very first SCS posts, stamp grateful, for a birthday card for Karen's daughter Maddie. I did not photograph the card, as Maddie's photo was on it. However, picture this: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, patterned paper with a white distressed background and black harlequins, Maddie's adorable face on each stamp, and a bow at the bottom with sheer white and wide black grosgrain ribbon. Yeah, it WAS cute. I agree.

Today's card is for my nephew-in-law. I am sure he will get this late, as his birthday is Wednesday and the snail mail from IL to PA is... well... SNAIL mail. But, I am bound and determined to fulfill my 2008 goal of getting cards to significant family and friends, late or not. I CASEd Denise's Spotlight on Giraffe card for this one. I kept many things the same: color scheme, spotlighting technique, ribbon technique. I had done paper piercing, but hated the way mine looked, so I placed the sentiment on top of it. I kind of like the tab.
So, I put Denise's gallery to some good use over the last two days. Now I want to backtrack to the Inspiration Challenge, because I have some cool ideas in my head for that.
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Paper: SU! Blue Bayou cardstock and Prints DSP, SU! Very Vanilla and Sahara Sand, Bazzill textured brown
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Brocade Blue, and Summer Sun
Punches: Corner rounder, 1 inch circle punch, 1 1/4 inch circle punch
Hardware: SU! Hodgepodge Hardware
Stamps: Studio G clear acrylic
Ribbon: SU! Brocade Blue stitched grosgrain

No comments: