Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Saturday!

The sun is shining and it's a cool and crisp day here in Central Illinois.  My eight year old still has his mind set on the pool, even though it has just hit 70 degrees.

Crafting has been occurring quite a bit as of late, so I thought I would drop in some ideas and Project Life updates.

I am happy to report that my buddy Kim is now well on her way to independence with her PL album for her granddaughter's first year.  It looks awesome, and she is caught up through May!  She's on a roll!

First spread of Harlow's album

Used some Making Memories alpha stamps to create this calendar

Kim was at first intimidated to journal, so she found the texts between she and her daughter when she awaited labor news and we printed those up.

Within my Project Life extravaganza, a baby shower card was required.  This used the colors that the mama-to-be was using in the nursery.


All stamps are SU!, plus the hexagon embosser.  I used Tempting Turquoise as well.

And now, to catch up with Project Life in my album, weeks 8 and 9...


I used the back of the Ali Edwards journal cards from Week 7 to journal on the first page this week.  Very handy!



I used a digital hybrid of the Rain edition from BH for this page.  Oh my do I adore the Rain edition.


First Fun Run of the year required several pics to archive the night.  I used a Flip Flap from CTMH for extra space.


This week was somewhat disappointing due to rainy weather the first week school was out.  The theme was, ironically, Carpe Diem.  Instead of focusing on what I could not do, I tried to shift focus to what I could.  


Lots of different product lines: Jillibean Soup, Simple Stories, Project Life, Jenni Bowlin...



Saw Ali Edwards write on a diagonal card, and I thought, "Well, duh!  That's a good idea!"  I also used one of the collection of roller date stamps I have been purchasing.  I have Amy Tangerine, Studio Calico, Dear Lizzy, and soon: Stampin' Up.  Fallen in love with them to my typical crazy level.

I think this week will be an entire spread of Rain edition, then I think Max will get full authority over the next week.  That should be fun!  Stay tuned!

I am currently prepping the NYC pics for print.  My son took outstanding (mostly portrait orientation) pics.  Time to get creative in a book that is mainly landscape.  All doable!




No comments: