Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Challenge

I challenged myself, and my crafty group on Facebook, to choose at random one picture or several and make a layout of any size using any media and materials on hand.  My hope was to make a fast layout and maybe remember a photo or two.  When you go to the Pictures Library in Windows 8, it brings up photos from your stash, as I discovered the other day.  I thought this would encourage me to use more than just "right now" to scrapbook.  This challenge also reminded me that my memory stinks, and I really need to at least jot something down regarding the shots I take, or the occasion can get "lost."



These three pics of Max showed up.  I cropped them and used some Rad Lab magic, as they were taken with my old iPhone (pre-Phone 4).    I thought the series of pics would look cute side by side, so I created a strip in Photoshop.  I then used my Ali Edwards Edge Sentiments for the "remember," which I color matched to Max's shirt (I love PNG files!).  I was going to branch out with some patterned paper layering, but the closest I could come was using my Glitz stickers.  I framed the photos using some Becky Higgins Project Life Rain patterned paper.

I don't recall exactly what was going on the day we took these shots, but his tiny face just looked so cute, I had to use all three.  I am sure we were just lazing around on a summer afternoon.

No comments: