Sunday, June 16, 2013

Project Life: Week 10 (?!)


Yeah, I can't believe it either.  I have been doing this Photo-of-the-Day gig for 10 weeks!  I was quite skeptical when I began, pretty much believing I had lost my sanity. But, here I am.

Interestingly enough, I was reading some information about one of my crafting idols, Stacy Julian, and how, a few years back, she was in the limelight defending her idea that scrapbooking did not have to be organized chronologically.  I plan to read more about this concept, but it's one that opened me up to a lot of freedom over the past several years.  That, and Cathy Zielske saying, "Hey, know what?  Who cares if you scrapbook with the same photo you already used?  If it's a great shot...use it!", have been somewhat earth-shattering embraces that have allowed me to get some serious amount of scrapbooking done.  More to come as I learn more about Stacy's organizational ideas.

Why that ramble?  Because last week (gasp), I skipped a day!  I had a whole lot about June 7, but nothing for June 8.  Nada.  Zip.  So, you know what?  I rolled with it.  June 8, 2013, I am sure you were awesome. But I put my head on my pillow without a shot.  And I allowed it.  And that is wicked awesome.

Full layout (AKA trying to take a picture at night with really cruddy lighting)

Left Close: Hellllo, Rain!  I so love you.  I used the Title Card and a little Plato Photoshop magic, and L.O.V.E. it.  I also put my expanding collection of cute-as-hell rotary stamps to good use.

Right close:  Oooh, yes, I di-id.  We R Memory Keepers photo sleeve.  I bought these BEFORE Project Life existed with this idea that I could, indeed, be Ali Edwards.  They sat on my shelves, mocking me.  Who's laughing now, suckas?  Anyway, can you even believe I let a picture of my legs in my swimsuit be a 6 x 8 shot on this page?  Oy!  More Rain edition digital prints, a sticker (so sorry to say I have no clue of the company), a few arrow stickers from PL, Part 1, doodled on by yours truly.  What a flipping easy page!  Love this page protector!

Now, off to order some white cardstock.  And probably a Project Life binder.  I need a 12-step program.


No comments: