Friday, July 12, 2013

Project Life Weeks 13 and 14


I am finally finished with weeks 13 and 14.  The hold up?  Me and my bright ideas.  I purchased a We R Memory Keepers divided page protector that looked fabulous in theory.  In the center, it had a 6 x 12 (or so I thought) space, surrounded by 3 x 3 slots.  Enter the fact that I did not (note "did") have a wide format printer.  I found that printing larger prints is no small expense.  I have kicked around the idea of a wide format printer for years.  This inspired me to finally make the leap.  So, I am now the owner of an Epson Work Force wide format printer.  If only that were "enough" to print things out at the proper sizes.  I bought photo paper that I now know was WAY bigger than I need, so there was a lot of exacto knife cutting (my paper trimmers like 12 inches or less.
Then, I found that the middle slot is actually 6 x 12.5...AFTER I printed a 6 x 12...yeah.  I was thrilled.  Three prints later, I got something that worked.  I do, thank God, love these pages:


Week 13


Hexagon cards are from the Honey Edition of Project Life.  I loved the way they looked.  Also added some patterned paper (October Afternoon Travel Girl- Directions) and washi tape (Jenni Bowlin) on the lower left pic to mat the Instagram shot of Ignatius.


Here's the lovely page protector.  I went with LOTS of pics on this page.  Denny's was kind of a big deal with Max. :)



A close up of the larger pic of the July 4 DPS.  I loved this quote and thought it was perfect for the picture of the boys watching the fireworks.


Week 14 DPS


I printed the middle picture too short, so I added some of the patterned paper I had been using.


I used a lot of the same piece of 12 x 12 paper (We R Memory Keepers Red White & Blue- Patriot), which was totally cool.  I used almost the entire piece.  I also used some Studio Calico star stickers on the page.


New month means the monthly divider.  I also added some flyers from our crafting trip.


No comments: