Thursday, February 20, 2014

You Make Me Happy...

...when skies are gray.

So, the whole time I am making this card, that's what I am singing.  That line.  Over and over.  My crafting cadence.
The details I adore about this card were hard to photograph as I looked at the card in its entirety, so I tried to photograph snippets.  Here is the whole card (or the best I could do at 11:30 PM).


This card is a combination of multiple materials.The embossing on the base is Cuttlebug's Dots embossing folder.  The chalkboard style paper is Chevron/Chalkboard from We R Memory Keepers.  The stamps come from Stampin' Up! Studio Calico, and Unity Stamps.  The washi is from We R Memory Keepers.  I used Stampin' Up! Craft White ink, Stampin' Up!'s chalk pen, and Stampin' Up! Summer Sun ink.  I popped up the cloud and the word "HAPPY" and the chalkboard base with Stampin' Up! Dimensionals.  I love this phrase that I got with my newly-earned "See Ya Later" set from Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration promotion.  I just got it today, and it needed to see some ink.  I was hoping to use my Bitty Banners framelets in my Big Kick, but I must warn that this particular stamp was a tough one from which to pop that word.  The "y" in the word "you" was very close to the word "HAPPY," so I needed to cut the banner by hand to get it thin enough to stand alone.  Coloring this stamp also did not work well.  The markers just would not give a good image.

I LOVE how this turned out.



No comments: