Saturday, February 22, 2014

Shut the Front Door

Yes, I bought the entire Studio Calico Home Sweet Home stamp set JUST for this stamp.


This card has some stories.  First, the story of the Movers and Shapers.

A few years ago (yes, years), I bought some Stampin' Up! Movers and Shapers dies.  One of them was the shape of an ornament stamp that I had and was cutting by hand every time I used it.  I thought I could just stick them through my Cuttlebug.  Looked simple enough.

I did not realize that there was a Sizzix XL die into which the little dies were designed to go.  Clearly the dies were not a priority.  Then I got a Big Kick, and I thought I should probably figure these out.  And figure I did.  Here's a brief video to show how they "roll" (pun intended).


So, I ordered the larger die off of eBay, as it has been retired from SU!.  It came today, and I was so excited to use it!  And then...I realized I needed XL plates to run it through.  Totally being Punk'd!  Off to Michaels I went, spending the rest of my Christmas gift card and using my 40% off coupon.  I now had everything I needed.  Woot!

I saw a fellow teacher at Michaels who notes that my purse matched the outfit I was wearing.  TOTALLY coincidental, but inspiration for my color choice.  Rick Razzleberry it is!  I cut the card, stamped the sentiment, and thought putting the house inside was pretty funny, in a clean and simple sorta way.



I used my new Stampin' Up! washi tape to give the front a little pop.  I really like this card a lot!

No comments: