Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hello Story - Week 3


This week, Ali Edwards presents the theme of navigation or direction in our storytelling.  She stressed the use of arrows in design and reflecting on journeys and going from one point to the next.  My layout, a 12 x 12 double-page spread that jumps the gutter (!!), uses one of her sketch suggestions for the week.  Please click on each image for a larger view.  Sorry about the lighting.  I always seem to snap these at night!




The main photo is an Instagram-ed shot of my car that I took for another class--The Phone Photography Project.  That day, we were to do a close-up of something, and we happened to be leaving in my new car to drive to Florida.  Then, when I read this week's assignment for Hello Story, and toyed with photos to use, this one jumped out at me.  It enlarged really well.  I cropped it to 12 x 12 at 300 dpi first.  

So, I'm sort of loving this page, especially the "navigation" title that I cut with my Silhouette (worth every penny, that machine!).  I also love being able to put my washi tape to good use, as well as some chevron patterned paper AND some older SU! patterned paper of which I bought a ton for Christmas cards one year.  

No comments: