Monday, March 30, 2009

Officially "On Crack"

For this second sketch of week 11 in Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life class, we focus on type. She discusses her attempts to match alpha stickers with her journaling font as closely as she can. She also uses size as emphasis more than differing fonts.

I started this layout with an idea. The idea was the pain I am feeling in my legs right now as a result of starting a new workout program. So, this page is an ode to my husband and I thinking we are still in our 20s. I chose the letter stickers first, and tried to revolve most of my judgments around them. The word "crack" is from a sheet by Polar Bear Press called "Rustic Retreat" cardstock stickers. I got them on sale somewhere... woo hoo! I loved the colors... there is also a red that goes with the cream and gray.

The font that I chose to go with this is Berlin Sans. I think they match up pretty well. I chose some old metallic sticko alphas (from back in the day when I believed I might do the shabby chic thing) for my year (at the top) and the words "officially on." These show up much better in person, or if you click on this image.

I was so proud that I had used almost all of a 12 x 12 piece of Tinkering Ink patterned cardstock (Seasonal Stripes - Black from the Yuletide collection). Got this on sale, too. The stripes are on the flipside of the deep green solid. I love how the colors blend with each other.

Notice how in my journaling, I keep saying, "we like it." Totally, subconsciously trying to convince myself that, if I like it, my body won't hurt that badly. Yes, "on crack."

1 comment:

Ann said...

OMG, your journaling "cracked" me up! ;)