Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Big Deal Indeed


Finally, I am back to my Cathy Z. sketches! I ended in week 10 (way back in what-- January?). For this second sketch of week 10, we were to use a favorite triadic color scheme. I chose a blue (SU! Not Quite Navy), an orange (from American Crafts Remarks Runway Letter Stickers) and a green (from same stickers). I also threw in another shade of blue to match the chalk Max was using in the photos. Triadic schemes make a, well, triad. Think of making the points for a triangle on the color wheel. That's what a triad looks like on the wheel.

Now, I will say Cathy's sketch was a springboard. I did a variation on the theme. Her sketch had a large panel underneath the focus picture on the left. I just could not find a panel that did not diminish the photos. Also, Cathy alternated colors of strips, and only put strips above the photos. I tried, but my OCD stepped in. I used one type of pattern and placed the adhesive strips (SU! Tailor-Made Simply Scrappin' set) above and below the two largest photos. I think that gives the layout a unity that I might not have had otherwise. I did jump the gutter with my title. I love the simplicity of this layout. I almost grabbed some other embellishments, but I stopped myself.

No comments: