Friday, April 10, 2009

Just Playing

This phrase has taken on such a different meaning over my years of teaching. I can't tell you the countless times I have heard it when investigating horseplay. Alas, I am a firm believer in horseplay, but, in the 21st century, in a post-Columbine education system, we must take more things seriously than ever before. So, "I was just playing," becomes a last ditch argument for, "we don't want to get in trouble."

I was thrilled to do a page where the layout was, indeed, about just playing. Max was at the park, I was able to get a good shot of him midplay, and I thought it would be a perfect photo for the 8.5 x 11 in. single-page spread for Design Your Life, Real World Color 11. The color palette is shown. I LOVED the blue, but wasn't a big fan of the orange/yellows. I tried to choose an orange/yellow patterned paper. Conveniently, there were almost the same colors in Max's photo as were in the palette, so that worked nicely.
I used the SU! Paper Pack II that I got last night from my dealer, I mean demonstrator, Karen. LOVED the dots, especially the blue, so i thought I would use the same pattern in different colors. The Sprinkles Thickers were PERFECT for the playfulness of the situation. I love the asymmetry of the sketch as well as its gridlike layout. It lends itself for lots of choices, yet a speedy page, as you're using 1 four by six photo.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Awesome pic, and I love the sentiment across the bottom.