Saturday, March 7, 2009

Butterfly Dress

The dress to the left was my inspiration for my card for today's challenge. It is from the Spunky Sprout site, and its colors caught my eye. I tried to use butterflies, but it just wouldn't work. This was a sympathy card, and the butterflies I was using seemed a bit too perky.

So, instead, I used the Top Nitch Sizzix die from SU! I have to ask... what is up with the perforated frame for this die? There must be something I am missing. When used alone, it looks like a piece is missing from the cutout. When you try to cut around it, it is a difficult task. Perhaps there's something REALLY easy that I am missing with this. Otherwise, it seems to defeat the purpose of die cutting if my lame freehand cutting has to match up with it. So, I cut and I sanded the yellow layer onto the gray. It doesn't look too bad, but the perfectionist in my gets a bit uncomfortable when I look close. :)

I have to say that the Hope for Comfort SU! set has gotten a lot of use from me. Alas, that means I have made a lot of cards for grieving friends and family. However, I like how smoothly it stamps and the phrases are just right.

Card size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches

Cardstock: white, black, SU! Yo-Yo Yellow and Basic Gray

Stamp: SU! Hope for Comfort

Ribbon: Oriental Trading velvet yellow and SU! Basic Gray taffeta

Die: Sizzix Top Notch die for SU!

Ink: SU! Basic Gray