Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gratitude Journal

For Design Your Life, Week 10, Sketch 3, Cathy offers us a template for a gratitude journal. Since this week is about color, we were also asked to do some coordinating there based on the colors in the photos we have chosen.

Well, I chose a bit of a difficult picture, color-wise, but I think it turned out OK. It was the gratitude part that was important to me. We were to choose a photo that represented something for which we were grateful. My choice was Earth's moments that remind us how infinitesimally small we are in the grand scheme of things. These are the moments that humble... put us in our place. God knows we need them. I can't believe it took until I was almost 36 before I experienced this one.

As far as colors are concerned, I went with Earthy. Isn't the paisley awesome? I just got it from SU!... To the Nines is its name. It's actually the weight of cardstock and it is double-sided. I cut it to 8.5 x 11 in. The little polka dotted scallop that you see at the bottom was the flipside of the paisley. I finished it off with some SU! Chocolate Chip twill ribbon and SU! Hodgepodge Hardware.

So simple, yet how cool?

No comments: