Monday, September 1, 2008

There's something to be said about simple

I love simple. I am not a crafter who is in love with a lot of embellishments. I think it takes just as much talent, if not more, to take very little and make a card stand out. Sometimes it can be the coordination (or lack) of colors. Other times, it's the patterned paper or the color of ribbon.

The sentiment for this thank-you card is perfect for the person. It's one of those thank-you cards that is unnecessarily necessary. This person does not do things for the thanks, and she always is so very thoughtful. So, I felt the inside of my card needed to be the "umph." The outside just needed to be simple. I do love how the colors mingle with each other.

All materials are from Stampin' Up!: the stamp is from the Simply Said set, the DSP is Maine Blueberry, the ribbon is Basic Gray taffeta, the ink is Night of Navy, and the cardstock is Tangerine Tango.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I love the way the dp pops on this card! I adore this sheet of dp and am hoarding it until the right occasion comes along! :D

Karen Kelly said...

You know this card is right up my alley :-) Love the clean design!