Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Page 1

In my last entry, I mentioned that I was taking a class with Cathy Zielske. Big Picture Scrapbooking has given permission for me to post my creations, provided I give them and Cathy the appropriate credit. So, without further ado, here is page one:
We are using a Kraft paper base for the 12 x 12 projects in the scrapbook. Cathy asked us to create a 9 x 9 grid on a page that expresses who we are at this moment. In her sample, she gave us various examples. Hers was a lot less "busy" than mine, but, let's face it, "busy" represents me pretty well. Since I am such a crazy lover of order, I used two different colors of the same DSP from the Stampin' Up! Prints line (River Rock and Blue Bayou). I also used some brown Thickers and some hardware. Mainly, I doodled. Words are so much a part of me that leaving out words was not an option.

I can't wait to see what we do next. She has us using various page protector sizes in a 12 x 12 scrapbook. Who knew? I'm such a creature of habit that I never even thought to mix it up. Very cool.

3 comments:

Bev J. said...

Congrats! That is a neat scrapbook page. I like the colors and looks like you described yourself pretty well (from the little I know of you- Grin). tfs and will look forward to seeing the other pages.

Bev J.

Ann said...

I love this layout and color blocking. Very cool. :D

Karen Kelly said...

You really made it your own--awesome! Mine will look just like Cathy's...if I ever get it done!