Friday, September 26, 2008

Birdie Christmas

Ah. I have taken a personal day. I have been working just about four weeks straight, and I decided to tend to myself a little today. That's the only way I can be there for my students, or so I have learned the hard way. Plus, I get to spend some time with my husband, which is a special treat.

Of course, I had to take a peek at today's Limited Supply Challenge. We were asked to create a Christmas card using an animal. The limited supply was that we could only embellish with ribbon. I finally got to use the cute Elzybells stamp I bought during Stamp-a-palooza, A winter song. I really would make this my Christmas card, however, when you make about 70 cards, the last thing you want to do is paper piece. I couldn't resist on this one, though! I was pretty shocked that I avoided the "colors of the season," yet still stayed seasonal. Put me in a little panic at how close we are to Christmas. That passed quickly.
Size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
Paper: SU! Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, and Machchester DSP; PTI white
Stamps: SU! Snow Globe; Elzybells A winter song
Ribbon: Hobby Lobby
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Copic Skin White, Flesh, and Brick Beige


1 comment:

Ann said...

Ah, you lucky girl! Enjoy your day off. Is it wrong that I'm feeling the need for one, and it's only September? :D

Very cute card! I only have one Elzybell, which is not enough.