Sunday, August 31, 2008

Holy Moses!


Thank God for Labor Day! Today I shopped, and I made cards. I do have "work" to do, but it's somehow easier when I have been playing all day.
I have so desperately missed making cards and scrapbooking, but I literally had neither time nor energy for anything but survival for the past three weeks. I am hoping to break THAT pattern.

Today, I made three cards.

The first was with my new Simply Scrappin' Winter Retreat kit from Stampin' Up! If there's one thing we have all agreed upon in the SU! circle in which I hang, it is that the new catalog has fantastic papers. I think these kits get overlooked. They, too, have a great mix of papers. Typically, they have been single-sided, but the paper with this pack is double-sided. The kits also come with great cardstock stickers. Everything coordinates. So, everything on this card, except for the Bordering Blue base, was included with the kit. This card is an anniversary card for a friend.

The next two cards are birthday cards. One is for my nephew, the other for my niece. Both are late (yikes). How awesome do the filigree brads look on my niece's card? Love them! And the Manchester and Maine Blueberry papers were so fun to work with. I am loving the SU! On Your Birthday stamp set, especially the one that says "(a little late)." How totally me right now.


Speaking of stamp sets... yeah to SU! for FINALLY die cutting some sets in the regular catalog. On Your Birthday has twelve stamps, and, typically, that would have taken me forever to cut and mount. It may have taken 5 minutes, tops. Such a helpful thing!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Glad you found some time to craft this weekend! The cards look great!

Ann said...

Yay! So glad you're back! I love all 3 cards, but your niece's card with those awesome brads is my fave. :D