Saturday, July 15, 2017

And now it is July!

I did not realize how long it had been since I posted things on this blog.  I have been making things, and I am more in process mode than ready to share mode.  Let's start with some cards:


I made this card for a friend who had to say goodbye to her beloved dog. I used some of my crafty friend's stash, so I am not sure of all manufacturers. I do know the sentiment is from Taylored Expressions and the embossing folder is from Darice.


This card is for a wedding shower.  It was hard to get the color in a photo.  It is a dark purple.  The embossing folder used is from The Paper Studio.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, as is the ribbon, attached with Tim Holtz's tiny attacher. I used a Spellbinders die to mount the sentiment.



I mounted the card on craft cardstock and stamped a Simon Says Stamp sentiment on the inside.

Next up in crafty-land, a new class!  I enrolled in Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life 2.0.  I made some of my absolute favorite all-time pages during the first iteration of this class back in 2008.  This one is 4 weeks instead of 12, is still based on the principles of design, and contains Cathy's fabulousness.

The first layout focuses on symmetrical balance. We were charged with scrapbooking the passage of time. Here is my shot at it.

I used some of Ali's Tough and Old/New Story Kits as well as some SEI and Lawn Fawn papers. I know those acrylic hearts are from Ali, but I will be darned if I can find the kit they were in! 

Cathy provided us with the cut file and the general sketch. She actually had her journaling in the bottom left square and had patterned paper where I have my journaling. She was not using the large circles, but rather thinner banners, so the journaling would fit.

She has another sketch that is asymmetrical that I will be trying out this weekend also. I think it will document Max starting Tae Kwon Do.







No comments: