Monday, July 17, 2017

Hello Tae Kwon Do - DYL 2.0 Continues

Here is the second sketch for Week 1 in Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life 2.0.  What I like about these sketches is that they are SIMPLE.  You can add what you wish, or delete what you wish.  Some scrapbook sketches are so cluttered for me that I can't think of where to go with them.


Many in the class were completing this digitally, and I must say, it's a sleek one to do that way.  My 8.5 x 11 in. page is hybrid. I printed the mat on Bazill Orange Peel (still a favorite of mine). The "Hello" and "tae kwon do" colors were sampled from the photos.  I wanted to use blue and red as those are the main colors used as part of TKD.  In the circle, I borrowed an image from the Interwebs and placed in on a gray 1 inch circle.  I then cut the mat with a 1-1/4 inch circle punch to give it a home.  Note: the little guy has a white belt.  I mounted the photos on Stampin' Up! cardstock (I think it's Real Red). The page base is a piece of patterned paper from the Pink Paislee Sweet Freedom collection. The other side is patriotic images and sayings.  I chose the blue ombre quite purposefully.  I think it shows transformation and increased strength, like when students work through their TKD belts.  Cathy stacked her "Hello" sentiment.  I felt like the red was emphasized enough, so there's just one layer there.

No comments: