Monday, July 31, 2017

DYL 2.0 Week 3, Layout 1, Unity and Space


I knew, no matter what the layout, I needed one of this week's pages to be about this damn vertigo.  I went with a hybrid page, which is funny since this would lend itself so well to totally digital.  What I learned was I need to either bring the tabs in closer or cut the photo block VERY carefully, as there is a little bit of white between the word tabs and the pics.  Because it was a balanced white, I went with it. This page is 8.5 x 11, matted on Stampin' Up! kraft patterned cardstock.  It's actually Christmas cardstock, but I felt it had just enough visual "hum" to work with the topic at hand.  The main pic was a selfie I took and then treated with a PS effect to give the idea of what it felt like to deal with constant vertigo. I mounted the white mat on a piece of Bazzill kraft cardstock and lifted it with some dimensional adhesives.


Mt two tabs say, "you're drunk," and "go home."  I used an Ali Edwards word sticker that said, "over it."  I liked how it pulled in the red, and, well, I am over dealing with this (three weeks so far).

No comments: