Sunday, January 1, 2017

December Daily® Day 12: Oh, Christmas Tree!



Happiest of New Years to all!  How hard is it to believe it is 2017?  Especially when it will be my 30th high school reunion this year.  Oh my.  Tonight (NYE), I worked on December 12, which I dedicated mostly to our Christmas tree.



I used the back of the 12-up, 6 x 8 protector from Day 11 to showcase some of the ornaments we "found" when moving.  Some had not seen the tree in a couple of years, so there were some fun discoveries. The twinkle sentiment is from Ali's Digital December Daily Christmas Phrases files.  I picked a green from an area on one of the pictures.  


The journaling was on a 3 x 4 card layer. I am not sure how well you can tell, but the journaling is layered on a picture of our tree. Here's the digital image so it is a little easier to see.


I used a Recollections Clip and Snap-In Tab (first time).  I added a middle hole and stapled it down with the mini attacher.  On the flipside, I used more paper from last year's DD kit



I intentionally took pics of the tree reflecting lights off the window in the AM and in the PM.  I created a tab from Ali's AM/PM Story Kit digital elements.  I clipped these two layers together (I was mainly worried about the small card getting bent over time) with a tiny gold-painted clothespin.



There's gotta be a bokeh pic, right?  Here it is.  I had this matted page ready, so I printed a nearly 6 x 8 pic, layered with one of Ali's 12 Gifts of Christmas files (alas, no longer available) that I recolored and made slightly less opaque.













No comments: