Tuesday, January 3, 2017

December Daily® Day 13


Day 13 focuses on the joy I get when crafting with students.  On the left, I used the back of my bokeh tree shot from Day 12.  Most of the page was pre-made, and I just added my photo with one of Ali's 12 Gifts of Christmas images.  Indeed, there is "so much love" when I cut 20 circles each for 22 students.  They LOVE the finished products, and that is enough for me.  The finished product was highlighted in last year's DD.  On the right side, I used a Simple Stories page protector that had two 4 x 4 spots and one  2 x 8.25 spot.  I set up a strip in Photoshop and placed 2 x 2 pics in the strip.  I decided to number the pics (number stickers from one of Ali's kits) and talk briefly about each one in my journaling.

Journaling: Crafting makes me incredibly happy.  When I get to craft with children, it is a festive occasion, no matter what season of the year. Christmastime seems to lend itself well to crafting.  
1 | The Silhouette template for the yearly icosahedron ornaments.  A labor of love.
2 | Cutting out 20 circles for 22 students.  Good times.
3 | My student teacher’s mom bought a ton of things at Michaels for us to craft with the kiddos.  A snowman was this student’s choice.
4 | A star ornament being glued with care.
5 | Some students decided to use a variety of available embellishments.
6 | The Yule Log on You Tube is a must when crafting during the holidays.  No warmth, just a “fireplace feeling.”

No comments: