I remember getting out of my car at work and going directly to this blooming, lovely lilac bush and taking a picture. I knew it had to be part of my album. I decided it would make an excellent title page. I used a slightly edited .png from Ali and left the title clean and simple.
On the flipside of the 6 x 8 title page, I decided on the use of another .png of Ali's. This one was a freebie from her Pinterest Passport series that she is generously offering this summer. Good thing I waited to compile my album, eh?
On my page divider, I had adhered one of the cards that would itemize happenings of the day. When I wrote that out and the card on the last page, I realized it was redundant, so I decided that the dividers will, instead, include a 3 x 4 card that works for the day. This card is from Ali's January Story Kit with the "Heart" theme. If she has this kit available when she opens her kits up again, I highly recommend it. I have used the contents for cards and scrapbooking alike.
My first page, of course, has a text message, as that's how most of my days begin. I would be remiss not to include one. I also snagged a photo of my breakfast table as well as the "Hey Jude" marathon I was having in my car that night.
This double-page spread had pics of my afternoon as well as the dinner I chose at about 9:30 that night (it was a doozy of a day!). I really liked the snip I took of my Facebook page on my phone. I thought it was funny that it stated "Describe Who You Are," and I knew I could incorporate that into my scrapbook this week.
Lastly, a shot of my right ankle, which had, at that point, been swollen for a little over a month. I was proceeding to a new chiropractor to see if I needed some adjustment, as my doctor indicated it was not broken, yet I could not seem to control the swelling. (NOTE: I have since seen a podiatrist after 2 months of walking/working out/biking/teaching on it. I did, indeed, have a fractured fibula!) I decided that I would type instead of write the Story of Today card, which is where the digital version of the WITL kit came in handy. I typed it in Photoshop, printed it out, and adhere it where it fit on the back of the "Mon" card.
At first, I did a lot of writing on the cards and pictures. After some smearing, and generally not liking how it was coming out, I decided to type using the Hello Typewriter font. It just looks much cleaner and more unified.