Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Project Life - DPS 1

Today, I thought it would be fun to shoot pics of the ordinary morning stuff that surrounds me as I transitioned from Winter Break back into teaching. I was pretty tired tonight, but I also wanted to get this idea out of my head, so, here it is... DPS #1 of my Project Life scrapbook.


Most of what I shot was done in my car, which is where I spend a great deal of my time in the AM. There are many cool facets of the Project Life concept. It is set up so that you can do a "photo-a-day" type of project (which is way too much pressure for me), or you can do pretty much anything you please. You can use 4 x 6 photos, or there are nifty cards that can go into the 4 x 6 pockets. The album has divided page protectors, which actually takes a lot of pressure off as far as "layout" goes, although I will say I was a little OCD despite that. If you'll notice, the journaling cards all had to have the same basic pattern... because I am that way...

Here's a closer look at side 1:

The photo of me was taken by Ignatius (and cropped by me, of course). I thought taking a shot of my iPhone tunes would be fun, until I realized how much of my car dust showed up on the pic. I just did a little Photoshopping to it, and it really turned out OK.

Page 2:


Two things I want to point out on p. 2 are shown closer below:

I used SU! Felt Flurries in one of the dividers, as I really wanted a winter tie in. I love how the colors go with the colors of the journaling cards. Additionally, the card entitled "This Boy on This Day" opens up and contains a great deal more journaling. I like that option. Also, you can see how I used the arrows provided with the kit to show which journaling cards relate to certain photos.

Now, I can go to bed. I think, knowing me, I'll get a bit fancier with my spreads. This is a pretty basic DPS, and it was cute and quick. And that, I believe, is the whole point of Project Life.

1 comment:

wendy said...

The extra's you've added to the kit are great and I love turning the journaling cards upside down ;)