Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's about time...

During the summer of 2009, I committed myself to Cathy Zielske's "Me The Abridged Version" class. Since it took place during September, I knew I was not going to realistically get it done then, as that is the worst month a teacher can commit to anything but starting the school year.

Well, all of my Becky Higgins hubub has made me dig back in to what Cathy lovingly penned "MeTAV." I have been doing the journaling as the months have progressed. I am not finished, but I thought I better get some pages published before these things were no longer true about me.

I absolutely LOVE how this first spread turned out. As you can see, the scrapbook is MOSTLY journaling. The spreads will follow the same layout with a few alterations here and there. This means that, now that #1 is down, the rest should be easy peasy. She gave us quite a few .psd templates, but also some Word templates. I used the Word template for the journaling, as Photoshop and I are not always friendly.

Anyway, the layout and ideas are copyright Cathy Zielske and Big Picture Scrapbooking. The words and photos came from my head, clip art, and the Internet. I am using calibri font in MS Word 2007. The brown I am using is R: 66 G: 33 B: 0. I am using Bazzill white cardstock and some American Crafts page protectors. This is an 8.5 x 11" scrapbook with no embellies, which made scanning a breeze. I guess I could add embellishments, but that's not the point. The point is to document information about me in an encyclopedia fashion so my kids have something to hold on to. Well, and you know I'll go back to it and reminisce. Cathy used SEI Dill Blossom patterned paper, and I decided to do so as well, as I have a stack of it, and, quite frankly, it's awesome paper. As I get closer to the end, I will videotape what the whole book looks like. For now, these posts are about the pages... and maybe some inspiration can come to others.

No comments: