Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fare thee well

Today's card follows the Ways to Use It challenge. We were asked to use corrugated cardboard for a card. I needed a card for a friend who is moving to England, so I decided to give a farewell card a try.

I always like the word "farewell," as it is giving a person the wish of having good travels. You are wishing that they "fare" well. So I wanted to stress the two parts of the word. I used some flocked alphabet from Spare Parts for the "fare." I found that the adhesive backing on these was nonexistent! So, I used some glue and all is well. The "well" is formed from Wilma chipboard letters by Basic Grey. They have matching alphabet stickers on 12 x 12 sheets.... how easy is that! No sanding, no craft knife!

I punched the scalloped circles from a Huggies wipes box I had. MAN are those things strong. The box actually had two corrugated layers, so I had to do some separating. My scallop punch was not too excited with me, but I finally got two good punches. I inked them with Cat's Eyes in Chestnut Roan. I also inked the outside of the card with this same color. The patterned paper is SEI's Dill Blossom. You can't tell, but it is textured and lovely. I added some American Crafts Flair (Bon Voyage) to the scalloped circles for a touch of travel. The card base was from a ready-to-use kit I had, measuring 5 x 6.5".

1 comment:

Ann said...

LOVE the cardboard, and, of course, the flair!