Sunday, April 20, 2014

Wading in Watercolors

As of late, I have seen some crafting with watercolors.  I have to say, there are some things I love about watercolors, and other things I am not so in love with.  Here are some cards that lately I have really liked using this technique:

I love the die cut over the watercolor background on this one.

This might be my favorite KKel card of all time.  It mixes two things I love: summer and Ali Edwards!  Isn't that background perfect for the sentiment?

This one's a Kristina Werner video that actually made me want to give it a whirl.



And here is my attempt.  So clean.  So simple.  Made, of course, under the watchful eye of Karen (see the photo background?).  I used her Sakura KOI Watercolors and a Stampin' Up! Aquapainter.  Then we sprayed some watercolor paper with water, and I experimented.  I loved how the paint blended, and knew I did not want to cover it much, so I looked for a sentiment that would fit.  I found one in PTI's Wise Owl set.  The cool thing is, I know exactly to whom I want to give this card.

No comments: