Monday, March 25, 2013

HSN and Unexpected Spring Snow

Little did they know that...

a) it is Spring Break for many a teacher-crafter

b) Central Illinois was getting 9 inches of snow thus keeping many of us homebound

...or did they?

Who is the "they" of whom I speak?  Home Shopping Network and their band of wallet-sucking bandits, that's who.  So, yes, I purchased the Blush edition of Project Life, and the Project Life Pens.  The pens were not a "splurge," I sure did need them.  Then, low and behold, they were selling the Silhouette Cameo.  The what?  This...
And you could spread out your payments interest-free.  The price was not necessarily better.  Just the idea of not plopping all the money down at once.  

Let is not forget AC Digitals, the company that decided that they should offer a sneak peek at the Midnight collection in digital.


So now that I am broke, I thought I should actually craft!  So, I wrapped up a page in my Ali Edwards One Little Word album.  Recall that my word for this album is "strength."  This page contained nine different song quotes that in some way related to my word.  I mixed stamps and my own writing, and copied Ali's design a great deal.  I pulled out some Hero Arts and Making Memories alpha stamps and remembered why I fell in love with them all over again.  I also tried to keep the red theme going throughout.


My choices:
1) raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways  ~Pink~
2) I am beautiful no matter what they say words can't bring me down  ~Christina Aguilera~ 
3) better stand tall when they're calling you out, don't bend, don't break, baby, don't back down ~Bon Jovi~
4) we will run and not grow weary, for our God will be our strength ~church hymn "We Will Rise Again"~
5) set up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams and make them mine ~Creed~
6) I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down ~Chumawamba~
7) don't give up ~Peter Gabriel~
8) baby dry your eyes, save all the tears you've cried, that's what dreams are made of, 'cause we belong in a world that must be strong  ~Van Halen~
9) smile though your heart is aching  ~Nat King Cole~





No comments: