Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wedding Shower

Ironic. Last Saturday, I was at a wedding in the middle of a shower (well, OK, thunderstorm). This gorgeous Saturday, I'm attending a wedding shower. What a difference a week makes, eh?

This card is a CASE from several different cards on Splitcoast that I saw as I browsed last night, most especially this one and this one.

I tried to keep things simple, yet elegant. The bride's colors have some hue of purple, so I chose SU! Perfect Plum. I also decided to use an off-white color... just feeling creamy today. The card is slightly larger than your typical 4.25 x 5.5" as well. Don't ask. I used my Cuttlebug (and it looked at me in surprise and said, "Who are you?") for the embossing on the dress bodice, used some pearl stick-ons for more texture, followed by a cute little bow at the waist. The stamp is from Hero Arts and I used Brilliance pigment ink in Moonlight White, as craft white would have clashed a bit too much with the vanilla nature of the card. I think it turned out pretty cute, and it really didn't take much time at all (if you subtract my typical OCD issues....).

No comments: