Saturday, November 8, 2008

Repeat, repeat the sounding joy!

Oh yes, it is nearing the holidays! However, this entry has nothing to do with them... that song just popped into my head. :)

This is my final sketch assignment on the topic of repetition for Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life class by Big Picture Scrapbooks. Despite my behindedness, I love this class. Cathy has great, simple designs, and she is hysterical in her slide shows and video messages.

This assignment focused on the idea of a minibook. Repetition in a minibook allows for faster completion. I must say, as I look back, I have done quite a few minibooks over the last few years. Many were for gifts, a few were for me. They do give one a sense of immediate satisfaction.

Anyway, back to THIS minibook. The design is completed on 8 x 8 inch kraft paper. We were to choose four coordinating pieces of patterned paper. Well, the American Crafts Metropolitan line was sitting there saying, "Pick me! Pick me!" So I did.

We were given the basic "Gimme 5" outline. Our task was to make a page for each member of the family. What I thought would be a challenge was that they each were to write on their own pages. I was pleasantly surprised that my family really cooperated with this. I think this class has proven the value of good archiving of memories.

We were to write five things about us right now. Of course, I did Max's. The others are purely from the mouths of the men. I love the way it turned out and how easy it was to do. Take a peek and try it out yourself!


No comments: