Saturday, January 19, 2019

When Cardmaking is NOT Therapeutic


I wanted to scream in the process of making this card.  Full on, chest hurting, scream for the neighbors.  Here's my story.


This is the instigator.  Oh my, did I love this card.  I was going to try something a little different with the flowers since I did not feel like "experimenting" with my Silhouette and/or fussy cutting.  Things I learned:
  • I have a crappy reserve of black cardstock.  Seriously.  It's the worst. And black cardstock is completely unforgiving when you are embossing (and yes, I brushed it down with the magical powder).
  • I have two Versa Mark pads.  One is great and recently-purchased.  The other is currently in my trash can as I bought it ten years ago.  Guess which one I used first.
  • Foiling on stamps is a hit or miss operation.  Tonight: miss.  Multiple times.
  • If you stick an already-embossed stamped image through a laminator, you will ruin the image. 
  • My Nuvo drops that I have not yet used have completely disappeared.  Poof! I bought them this summer.  I have a spot in the craft room where I put stuff like that.  Not there.  Not anywhere.  And that kind of crap makes me NUTS!
 I do love the card I finally made.  But for the love...what a ridiculous process when I just wanted to get my creative juices flowing.  The stamp set was one I fell in love with when I bought it.  I also used some glittery, tiny flipping stickers that covered for the absence of the Nuvo drops (Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony...).  Here's a closer view.  Yeah, it's sideways.  Because that is the perfect ending to this 2-hour ordeal of a card.



No comments: