Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sometimes this is all you got...


What do you tell a person who gets devastating news about her little boy?  These two words.    Just this.  If I could add the f word, I would.  Now let's talk technique.



This stamp set is from Simon Says Stamp.  I bought it for its versatility, as it has several other sentiments.  I used a technique I had used long ago...can't recall its name.  Basically, the image has three layers.  I stamped and colored on the base.  I first tried Copics....WAY too dark.  I would have lost his eyeballs.  Then I used watercolor pencils from SU! and a brush.  I stamped the image again on another sheet and colored it the same way.  I cut out the tail and adhered it to the base image.  Then I cut out the body and popped it up on Dimensionals.  I put Glossy Accents on the heart and let it dry.

Inside?  It says, "'Nuf said."


No comments: