Tuesday, May 7, 2013

National Scrapbooking Day

With fervor I participated in the Creative Crop through Big Picture Scrapbooking.  If you have not signed up for your free membership, you are missing out!  There is a totally free Project Life Community on there!  Plus, the Creative Crop is a free day of challenges (with prizes) every year. They had chats throughout the day with some great designers.

So, one of the things I did that day was create a cool flap for one of my PL pages, thanks to a challenge by Aly Dosdall.



Because one pic for a visit to Chuck E Cheese is never enough.  I used tacky tape to secure a 3 x 4 flap cut from a PL page protector (an older one), and then secured it with some chevron tacky tape from Queen and Co.  A great way to add pics to a page without making a gigantic layout.

This next layout was to document a significant relationship in my life for which I am grateful.  The wonderful Stephanie Howell inspired us to come up with a simple story in a simple layout.


I could have chosen several, but I started with my elder son and me. Love that kid more than oxygen.  

This next page was a triple challenge whammy.  1. Stray from your "comfort zone" in some way (May Flaum inspired). 2. Incorporate arrows in your journaling (the fabulous Ali Edwards, of course). 3. Use the given sketch as a springboard (provided by the talented Donna Jannuzzi).


Patterned paper mixes with patterned paper: definitely out of my zone.  And journaling on patterned paper...yeah.  I stayed somewhat true to the sketch provided.  You will note the incorporation of arrows in a few spots.

We were asked to fill out an I Statement list by Stacy Julian. This was to get the creative juices flowing as to what stories need to be told.  Here is my list:


We were also challenged to create a summer "bucket list."  Here's my take on Tami Morrison's challenge:


We were given an option to use the Fuzel app, and I fell in love with that one by the amazing Angie Lucas.  We were also encouraged to use recent pics from our phones.  No prob!


Needless to say, I knocked off a great deal in a 48-hour period.  So grateful to all of the awesome designers who presented the challenges to us!







No comments: