Monday, June 29, 2009

Sparkle!

OK, for those of you who watch HGTV, you will totally understand where my mind went when I saw that this week's Clean and Simple challenge was to use sparkle on a card. If you watched Design Star last season, you know who was thrust back into my mind like a bad 70's perm...SPARKLE JOSH! Shown here with Kim Kardashian, Sparkle Josh was known for his thrift store flair and his ability to, well, add "sparkle" to his designs. Since there were two men named Josh on the show, he decided to give himself the name "Sparkle Josh" so they could be told apart (yep, UNnecessary).

OK, enough tangent! Now onto the challenge. I love the Clean and Simple challenges because I can stop where I usually want to stop. I have been wanting to use these stamps for the past two weeks, but just haven't fit them in to a project. How perfect since AMuseapalooza is getting underway. I am a constant user of this somewhat jaded phrase, so when I saw a stamp with it, there was no hesitation before buying it.

This card went through several transformations. At first, I had several circle punches out and was trying to layer. It quickly turned into a Dirty and Complex card, so I scratched it. I knew I wanted to use Kraft and black, and I was trying (badly) to incorporate white so my sparkles could jump out a bit more. I settled for inking on the Kraft.
My sparkle for the card was created using Spica markers. I colored "da bomb" with black and yellow, and I outlined the words with yellow. I underlined "bomb" with black Spica. It's a lot more sparkly in person.


Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Paper: SU! Kraft, black
Stamps: Bomb and Da Bomb! from A Muse
Ink: SU! Basic Black
Markers: Spica

No comments: