Sunday, June 28, 2009

Featured Stamper: Dawn L

This week's SCS Featured Stamper has a great gallery. It was very difficult to choose from all of her fantastic pieces.

I was particularly inspired by some of her earlier posts that included watercolor paper. I got some watercolor paper with an Archiver's coupon well over a year ago, yet was too big of a chicken to try it out. Dawn's Spring Watercolor gave me some inspiration, mainly because she put some steps in with her post. This being my first dabbling with watercolor paper in my cards, you will notice I stayed fairly close to her design... just barely a CASE. She used one of my favorite sets, SU! Spring Garden, so why stray?

This card is for a family who hosted a church gathering for some of us today. We have such a huge parish that we are broken into "zones," and this was a meet-and-greet for our zone, the first of many (I hope). We spent a lot of time in their yard, so I thought the theme of the card was very appropriate.

Card size: 4.25 x 5.25"
Paper: SU! Kraft, Archiver's watercolor paper, SU! Blue Bayou
Stamps: SU! Spring Garden, SU! Many Thanks, SU! Simply Said (inside)
Inks: SU! Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Almost Amethyst, Bordering Blue, Perfect Plum, Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: small paper flowers (very old... no idea where I got them); Spare Parts brads
Also used: blue and green crayons; water bottle; Aquapainter

No comments: