Sunday, April 14, 2019

JMcGuire Does Inspire

I have been watching a LOT of video.  A LOT.  I have been laid up with pneumonia for the past week. The torturous part of that was that I had a great deal of inspiration, but I had absolutely no energy.  For example, this seemingly simple card for my son took me (no joke) 3 hours to complete.  Granted, there was a lot of self-creation of some things in Silhouette Studio, but it was not a three-hour card.  It is also stacked, like today's card, but I was not in a photography mood that day, as you can see.  That was a week ago, before my diagnosis.


Today, I created this card, completely inspired by the design of Jennifer McGuire.  Her card uses the word Hugs and is pictured below.  I TOTALLY dig how this turned out.  Click on the photo for a much better resolution.




I have, as of late, enjoyed stacking die cuts to create more dimension.  This one was too cute, as it used different colors to create the stack.  Jennifer used an alphabet die that she links on her website.  I created this sentiment using the Alexandria free font.  Using Silhouette Studio, I made the letters a wee bit "chunkier," as well as the base they are glued on, using the "offset" option.  Then, the machine did a whole lot of cutting. Underneath the panel, as suggested by Jennifer, I took strips of the colors I used in the stack to tie in a rainbow.  I used Love Your Guts from Cathy Zielske's Clear Stamps Simple Sentiments No. 1 for Simon Says Stamp. If you would like to see how Jennifer created this, and other cards that use the alphabet dies, take a peek at her video around minute 21.


No comments: