Thursday, August 3, 2017

DYL 2.0, Week 3, Layout 2


Happy accidents grace this 8.5 x 11 layout.  I really did not start out wanting to use chevron, then I found this pattern and color combo and just really loved it.  Did not have the exact Copics I needed, so I blended C3 and G21 to get closer to the green-blue shade of the paper.  The paper is the flipside of some chalkboard patterned paper, so I used the chalkboard to mat the photos and for the banner. The theme was "Time Flies," but when I looked at my photos, I thought, truly, it has not flown.  Yes, my son has grown up, but I have loved being his mom.  This is the reward of motherhood: to see the cake reach doneness, yes?  I really enjoyed the font (Spellbound), which I paid for because it has all sorts of styles to use.  I wish my picture did the colors better justice.  I treated the two younger photos with a B/W filter (they had colors that were messing with the page for me), and then kept the most recent in color, framed it with patterned paper, and popped it up.  I also popped up the monogram to balance the two sides.

No comments: