Monday, June 29, 2015

Grad-itude


Finally, this weekend saw the making of the graduation thank-you cards!  I had in my mind what I wanted to do, but mass production is so different from making one or two cards.  So I stayed really simple.

On white cardstock, I used the "thank you" sentiment from SU! Wishes Your Way.  The nice thing I learned is that when using the MISTI with this stamp set, I get a much more consistent image.  If I use acrylic blocks, I tend to have "wiggle issues."  Then, I used this Silhouette file made available for free from Cathy Zielske to make the cap.  That was no small adventure.  I think I need to change my blade, because it did a cruddy job of cutting the tassel.  You cannot see this, but I also added some Wink of Stella pen to the tassel.  

And that's it!  Now, they are in the boy's hands for the heartfelt sentiment part of the process.  We have a goal of getting them in the mail this week.

No comments: