Friday, January 4, 2013

Scrapbook Surge

For whatever reason, Winter Break seems to bring out in me a "scrapbook surge."  Perhaps it's the extended "time off?"  Perhaps it's the idea of a brand spanking new year?  Who knows?  What I know is that it is better for me than any drug.  I feel like I could work all night on scrapbooking when the surge hits.

If you are a Carpe Die-hard, you may recall that I started two (allegedly) year-long books that coincided with two Big Picture Scrapbooking classes.  One, Move More Eat Well (MMEW) was guided by the talented Mrs. Cathy Zielske.  The other, One Little Word (OLW) was designed by the fabulous Ali Edwards.  I made it in good faith month after month until about March/April, when I fell off the crafty radar for whatever reason.  I have this weird idea in my head that all is for naught if I fall behind.  Really?  Tonight helped me get over that stupidity.

I blogged last night about my decision to participate in MMEW 2.0.  Then, tonight, I went to town on getting some pages done. And I love them.  

First, I had to fill the gaps from last year that made me feel like I had "failed" in the scrapbook and the goal of staying healthy.  Enter: patterned paper.



That made things feel a little less "undone."  Then, I moved on to the very easy assembly of the new year's pages.  Cathy is not using divided page protectors this year, so it's all 8.5 x 11.  I am doing a hybrid in that parts are printed and pieced together, and parts are printed right on the page.




There were several color schemes to choose from.  I chose lime and gray.  I love that the chevron pattern is this year's choice.  I am quite fond of chevron.  I tried to use my favorite photos of myself from times when I was quite happy.  I also tried to print off pictures of good foods that I enjoy eating, to prove to myself that I actually can eat something besides garbage.  Finally, I changed the spine of the album.


In OLW, I finished up April (with a May photo, but don't tell anyone...).  It included a letter to my future self.



I have a bit more to do from the month of May, but that's for another day.  Whew.  That was a lot, but it felt great!



1 comment:

Ann said...

Go, you! I blame the cold & snow for my winter crafty surge--makes me want to hunker down & crafty my little heart out.