Yes, I am doing "One Little Word." And working on my Master's degree. And teaching. And mothering. Yes, it seems like one more thing on my "plate" (pardon the pun). Here's how I justify:
- I am already trying to follow the basic ideas of this. This is just a matter of documenting.
- We have both been sluggish and lethargic. We eat crap and then wonder why we have no energy.
- This is monthly. I can commit myself to getting things down once a month.
- Scott's journeying with me, and that's huge. His mere acknowledgement that he will go on this trip for a year makes it more exciting.
- It's not a weight loss plan. It's not Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig, or whatever other constrictive programs I have followed. It gives a nod to what we need to do in life: move more, eat well.
- I have followed Cathy's journey on her blog since she began (formerly "Move More, Eat Less"). I love that she has changed the title to "Move More, Eat Well." The "Eat Less" part was what I knew I needed to do but, psychologically, seemed depriving, which sets me up for failure. Anyway, she has shared the good right along with the bad; the triumphs and the struggles. That is all this is. A place to do so.
- This is my third class with Cathy through Big Picture Scrapbooking. She does a fabulous job with them, and it's well worth the registration fee.
- I am always one step away from packing it in (always, not just now...the edge is always right there). I need to keep things in the forefront that keep me from doing so.