Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Little Miss Thang

A few friends, and friends of friends, have gotten together to form a group on Facebook that I have entitled "Accountability."  It started with a challenge that I posted as an event during Lent.  I just needed support in my exercise and weight loss endeavors, and thought that others might enjoy a challenge.  When Lent ended, I felt that I still needed that place to go to vent, rejoice, ponder, etc.  Being a group-junkie, I began "Accountability."

We have done a lot of discussing of how we view ourselves on this group, as well as a Facebook Zumba group that I started and rely upon.  The other day, we were talking about body image, and how our brains play tricks on us when we look in a mirror, especially when we have been heavier (for some time) and then we lose weight.  I must say, thank God for my husband.  He points out when he sees physical changes (for the better) in me when I am oblivious to them.

So, I decided someone I know needed that same encouragement.  So, I made her this card:

Isn't she adorable?  I have most definitely underutilized this Bella.  She was happy to see some ink.  I am also starting to enjoy the vertical fold (I guess that's what I will call it) of cards, as opposed to the book fold.  Just something different. 

Recipe:
Size: 4 1/4 x 4 7/8"
Stamps: Tennibella and Little Miss Thang from Stampingbella; Stampin' Up! Just So Sayings
Ink: Adirondack Earthtone Pitch Black; Copics 
Embossing: Sizzix Texturz Friend Plate
Embellishments: Stampin' Up! Felt Flowers and brad

No comments: